Sunday, May 17, 2009

A weekend of "firsts"

We've had a nice quiet weekend at home with the children. Started of with a Thursday morning and lunch out for Sean and me.
Before we left the house that morning we had the first of the "firsts" - Freya asked to go on the potty (which she has done several times before but never done anything) and she actually had a small weewee! She was so proud of her self and so was I! My little girl is growing up fast!!! Because she was so good I promised her I'd buy her some panties when I was going out and another potty so we had one up and one down stairs, she wanted a pink one (of course!) and yellow, blue and purple panties (???) I then told her we would have to get Kian something and what did she think he would like. "Mamma, Kian want a car!" Ok, so I'll buy Kian a small car... "No, Mamma, Kian want a 'BIGGI' car! *lol* Ok, I'll get him a "biggi" car."
Well, here is the results...
Not sure Freya really meant this big but he loves it!!! Since Freya got her trike a few weekends ago he's wanted to get on it and play all the time and of course Freya won't let him so now he has his own vehicle and the best part is the little lid in the front and to be able to put "stuff" inside it. He's studied the "mechanics" of the car into every little detail.
Well, now to the second "first" that happened.
Freya and Kian played TOGETHER properly for the first time!!!!!! Sean and I was in the kitchen making lunch and for about 40 min all we heard was laughter and play from the living room! Not once was there a cry, screaming or any fighting!!! AMAZING! And they had such a good time! Freya was running around pushing Kian in his new car and then they played hide and seek, or at least a version of hide and seek, the laughter came from the heart straight into ours!!! It was one of those "Moments"! They had so much fun Freya forgot about the potty and only wearing panties, but who cares!After a great day indoors due to the heat we took them for a walk when it cooled down a bit and Kian went in his car whilst Freya peddled the whole way on her trike even if she stopped for a break now and then and it took us an hour but they loved it!
The third "first" is that we've just discovered that Kian has his very own little sign language and we haven't noticed it before this weekend! He is so clever! If he has a dirty nappy, he makes a sound and pulls his T-shirt which means "change, please", when he's tired he walks up to one of us and start waving to the other... I'm sure there is more but we've just started to understand him! I guess he's been thinking "Hey, guys, just because Freya can talk and I can't yet doesn't mean I don't want things too"
So now to the last "first" - not sure this is a good one...
Freya figured out how to climb out of her cot and at 05.30 this morning there was a small knock on our bedroom door and a "Monin, Mamma awake!? I come out of bed myself and open door!!!" as she runs into our bed!
Hope you all have a nice day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Maria, it's nice to have some news about you! I realized that I didn't know...
How old are your children?
They seems to be close in age, I mean?
Mine are 4 years old and 18 months.

See you!

Helen said...

wow...super weekend! Give you lots of things to document and scrap I am sure. Your kids are doing great. Lovely photos. Have a super week.