Monday, May 18, 2009

Chickenpox!!!???

My poor little Freya! She's very rarely poorly except for the monthly nursery "cold bug" but she has come down with something that has totally knocked her out. It actually started yesterday pm with her telling me she didn't feel well but seemed otherwise ok. When she woke this morning she was really hot and didn't want to get out of my bed after our "morning coffee". Temperature 38.9 C... poor thing! She kept saying her skin hurt so I'm thinking she's got the fever pains as well... Now, 14 days ago we were told of 2 cases of chickenpox in her nursery...hmmm... guess we'll know tomorrow! Freya and I spent the day on the sofa, her tucked in under her duvet and me in front of my computer, she's slept most of the day and went to bed with 39 degrees C and some paracetamol. On a scrapping note,
TaylorMade Designs are in the Spotlight over at Catscrap this week make sure you don't miss it!!! Lots of goodies and fun! Here's a couple of pages I made (for full credits click on the images)
I found this poem on the net whilst browsing for bits and pieces...I LOVE it!
"I am a woman of many talents, the guardian of my children. I have the strength of my God, to lead me through whatever Life has in store for me. I shall look ahead, rather than be pulled back to the past sorrows or mistakes, for only by moving forward can I begin anew. I will love myself, I will sleep peaceful, knowing I have done my best, and no longer burden myself with thoughts of unworthiness, or worry about what other people think ... all that matters is my family and I am all ME"
Slightly altered from the original but so current for me right now!

Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Chickenpox are not fun!
Hope she recovers quickly!

Helen said...

oh Maria! Poor little baby girl! That is no fun. Hope she does not get it too bad. BTW, just LOVE the LO of you...the poem...*sigh*..spot on girl!

Unknown said...

I love the "all me" page!! Really beautiful!