Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Camera and lots of pictures!!!

Santa has arrived!!!
Sean got this AMAZING deal from one of his colleagues who is a real photography enthusiast and he had a spare Full frame Canon 5D (as you do!!!???) which he'd only taken about 1000 frames with, power grip and two batteries, a 24-105 L IS lens, flash gun model EX580, 8 Gb Sandisk Compact Flash card, Arctic Butterfly sensor cleaner, Lowepro Pro Mag 2 camera bag everything in the state of brand new and hardly used at all.
He was due to arrive last night 11pm and yesterday morning I told Freya that Daddy will be here tomorrow morning - she was sooo excited!!! As it turns out he arrived yesterday lunch time!!! As I'm picking up Freya from nursery I asked her "who do you think will come home after lunch?" Her answer was "YAY!!!! Santa is coming!!!!!!" *lol* Oh so right she was - for me it was Santa with a BIG "S"!!!
The camera with everything else is AMAZING!!! Not as big and "clumsy" as I had imagine. Perfect feel to it in the hand and solid! Seans colleague had said that if I didn't like it and rather wanted the brand new 450D that Sean had planned on buying(I had no idea of that either) no hard feelings, I could return it anytime...somehow don't think I will....
It will definitely take me some time to get use to and even longer to understand but I love it!!!
Here's my first shots from yesterday on Auto mode, no flash and this is how it turned out...
Freya loves her beading's
Kian just loves his diggers, trucks and lorries...
Here's some of our dining and living room... I've tried to take pictures of them before to show the family but never managed to get the lighting right...this is sooo much better!
Had to have one of the dogs as well... this is Tabu
Here's some from the garden and Freya had to use her camera just like me...
Not too bad for the first shots right!?
There is sooo much to learn, so many settings... I've really been dropped in the deep end with this one but only way out is to learn how to swim and I'm always up for a challenge - I'm keeping it!!!
On a different note...
HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY all Swedish mothers!!! Hope you all will have a great relaxing Sunday!!!
Grattis pa Mors dag mamma!!! Älskar dig! Vi ses snart!
Have a nice day everyone!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Gorgeous photos!!!!!
Congrats on your new toy!

Unknown said...

Fantastic shots !!!!
Beautiful pages in perspective ;-))

Helen said...

Now you see .... *sigh* .... you go and do a post like this. I was coming to thank you for your kind words on my photos but ..... GAH!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOURS! I am so not talking to you ..... for five seconds ...

1....2....3....4....5..

Okay...these shots are AMAZING! And on auto no less! Imagine when you learn more about it. But like you I am just coming to terms with my new camera.

We shall have fun together.

oh...ps. you are welcome at our weekly challenges any time .... as long as you keep shooting on auto ....bwahahahahah!