Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's Christmas!!!!

...well obviously not - but it sure does feel like it!!!
On Sunday the 31st of May it's the Swedish Mother's day. Sean is away this week on a bussiness trip, as I've mention before, he'll be back late Saturday night and he's kept on saying he'll do something special for me... I thought maybe flowers, dinner...you know...not in my wildest dreams could I've thought he would do this - He's got me a Canon 5D with a 24-105 F4 L IS lens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been looking at buying a new camera for an while but this is just... wow!
I got a sms this pm saying "Happy early Mother's day honey, the children has asked me to get "this" for you since you are such a great mother and deserves only the best - Lots of love Freya and Kian" WOW!!!!! Needless to say I burst into tears and as it happend I was in Costa coffeshop ("luckely" I've got the cold from the children so I blamed the snotty nose and tears on that!) I don't even know if I will know how to use it and it will probably take me quite some time to get use to it...but...OMG!
Anyone who's got one and can give me some advise!?
Have I got the best husband or what!!! LY, honey!!!
On a scrapping note, I've finished another page for the album... me and Sean leaving the church as husband and wife, the number plate on the car says "Newly wed" in Swedish. (for full credits click on the image)

Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky!! I have a friend who bought a Canon 5D but she is waiting for it cause it is not available yet. What did you have until now?
I have a 450D but I am not at ease to use it, I need to practice!!
I had it for Chrismas (real Chrismas!)
Go to the USA with it will be a good practice for me!! By the way, nature is easier to snap than children!!!

See you!

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhh! I gasped out loud and yelled yea! hahaha, felt a little sumb since I am sitting here all by myself! hahahahahha
I am so happy for you, what a great man you have there girl!!!!!!
you'll get the hang of it soon enough, and then you will never be parted! heehee.

too bad about the cold, as you know, I can relate! blah!

Happy Mother's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen said...

wow...aren't hubbies the best! I got an SLR for my birthday in April too! Have fun! You are gonna love it. As to that page...sheesh! Love it...the whole "feel" to that album will just be amazing! The photo is quite extraordinary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family - what an absolutely amazing gift! Check out Pink Ink Studios they have an awesome FREE Photo 101 class :) Enjoy your present I look forward to seeing your mind blowing photos :)

Lifestyle Class said...

I love hubbies that give us a big girl camera !! Mine did the same... This is really a great gift !!!
I'm sorry I can't help you.. I'm still trying to understand my Nikon ;)

Angela Maggard said...

You should have heard me gasp when I understood which camera you got!!! Oh my word!!! That is just INCREDIBLE!!! I wish I could help with some awesome advise, but I have WAY too much to learn! I guess I just need to force myself to sit with my camera book and work my way through it... Is this your first DSLR?!!! I'm soooo happy for you! And, I feel terrible for you having to be by yourself with sick kids and being sick yourself too! I love that picture of the helmet! That is too cute! :) I hope you feel better soon!