Saturday, May 9, 2009

The new me!

Well it was all I thought it would be and some, but lets start from Tuesday pm...
I suddenly realised - this is it, this is really going to be Goodbye old me!!! It was quite emotional in a weird kind of way...like if I had walked around thinking that one of these days it will all be "back to normal" but my "normal" is not the same anymore and that just hit me.
I had a moment and shed some tears on my own in the car before thinking "pull your self together woman" I know there worse things "out there", but this was on a very personal level and something that obviously has bothered me more than I thought it had. That same evening I made my self a nice bath and just stayed in it for ages, candles, bath salts, bubbles... you name it! I also tried to do a little pedicure my self...can't come to the therapist with rough feet now, could I (even though I'm paying a fortune for her to do just that - silly me!) I was ready for my "BIG" day!

Wednesday, What a day! It was just as good as I hoped it to be if not better!
Started off in the morning with Freya running in to our bedroom, I was still in bed with the duvet not quite covering me. Freya pulls the elastics on my underwear, poke my bottom and says "Mamma, Good morning! Niiiice bootum (=bottom)" LOL! God, I love the little phrases she comes up with!
We all had a nice breakfast together, I was ready to go by 9.30 when Freya comes up to me and says she's going to Spa too "come on, Mamma, le't's go!" I explained that this was Mamma's day she then asked "Mamma coming back?" "Of course I do honey, Mamma always comes back!" She then hugs my leg and says "Ahhh, Mamma, I love you BIG BIG much!!!"
Am I the luckiest person in the world or what!? I felt like I've just won the lottery!

I arrive at the Spa at 9.45 and the atmosphere grabs you straight away, it's like you walk into another world of peace and relaxation. It smells of flowers, fresh and sweet but not overpowering. There is music, calm and soothing.

I'm led into a room and shown my own wardrobe with everything I need, sarong, disposable underwear(!?), slippers, robe, a little box for my jewelry... my own bathroom, the details they've put into this is amazing.

The therapist tells me to knock on the door when I'm ready so I can change in private. I've brought our little happy snappy camera since I didn't really want to carry around the big one so before I change I take some shots of the room.
I change into my sarong and disposable G-string(!!!) knock the door and the therapist comes back. Tells me to sit down in the rattan armchair for my foot rinse... My feet are placed in a wooden bowl with warm water and flowers, they are being scrubbed and then massaged.
Then I'm told to lay down on the table which is more like a luxury bed, place my face in the round bit in the front, on the floor underneath there's a bowl with black sand and flowers so you have something nice to look at whilst she massage you. Well, I didn't look at it very long, I just closed my eyes and relaxed. The massage was done with long, firm strokes and special pressure points that hurt in a strange good way!? She used hot oil that when first placed on the skin made you go, ahh...that hur...actually that's GOOD!
1 hour and 20 min later I'm in a different world and the massage is over and she starts the facial, just as nice with all the creams and masks you can imagine!
3 hours after I arrived I emerged as a new woman!
I then had a nice lunch with Sean and a walk through the gardens before I continued for my appointment at the hair salon.
I didn't plan on having any coloring or real cutting done just a wash and blow dry...well, 2 kind of highlights, cut with long layers, manicure, pedicure and ANOTHER scalp and neck massage(!!!on the house since it was a special day...ahhh!!! Thanks guys!)
2.5 hours later - I AM a new woman!
The best of all is when I arrive home and Freya saw me she came running but stopped just in front of me and said "Mamma pretty! I like it" LOL!
Had a nice couple of hours with the children before bedtime and when they where down, Sean and i finished of the evening with a laugh at the Craic Attack, stand up comedians.
What better way of saying goodbye and welcome than with a laugh!?

Through out the day I was thinking of why this has been so hard on me and the conclusion is ...I don't know! BUT I have nothing to grieve, I have gained 2 beautiful children, a whole lot of love that never can be replaced with anything. Sure, I've gained a few kg as well but the only way of fixing that is to deal with it and do something about it and I'm the only one who can do that and I will!
So there you go. I had a fantastic day and I am feeling great!

Have a nice day and weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with Freya!! You are so beautiful!!
It was a big idea to have a break like this day, I think you should have it once a month, it will be good for you and nice for the mood!!
I should do the same...
Have a nice weekend!

Therese said...

Det verkar som en helt underbar dag - och det var du värd.... och du ser fantastisk ut !!!!!!

Helen said...

aahhh...that is a fabulous story - a real rite of passage! Good for (new!) you! You look wonderful! Now, look forward (not back) and around and you will see your very reason for being and loving. Life is good - enjoy! (now to practice what I preach!) Have a good week Maria!

Leah said...

WOW!!! What a place! You look gorgeous! Glad you had such a great time pampering yourself.

Bloggmeister said...

Herregud, att du kunde stå på benen efter en sådan lyxdag! Jag var och fick 60 min massage häromdagen och var helt groggy efteråt. Gött är det att skämma bort sig själv, det borde man göra oftare!
Kram Åsa

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your story about the new you! You look soooo gorgeous I am glad you had a great day and I hope you can move forward now..

XXX Angela