Monday, June 29, 2009

Some pictures...

I've been playing with my new camera and it is such a totally different ball game to my old Sony DSC-5H, which is a long zoom automatic and by all means take great pictures but not like my Canon 5D! :) The most difficult thing with the Canon is me having to think more *lol* that is hard!!! Also, I'm taking about 100 pictures and if I'm lucky 5 is in focus (pictures of the kids - MOVING!!!) but when I get it right it is worth it! I'm still very lost when it comes to the different settings and tend to go for automatic a lot but feel it is such a shame so I need to work on experimenting more! Any good advise - PLEASE send them my way! Here's a few pics I've managed to get fairly ok ... I've used Christian O'Dell's Lightroom Presets Pack 2, available at Catscrap, to edit them and I've fallen in love with this particular one "Ansel".
This is Freya with her fairy wings, she loves them!!! She's a real girly girl at the moment it is all fairies, princesses and ballerinas.

We had the big pool out over the weekend but all they wanted was this IKEA storage box filled with water and they played in it, TOGETHER, all morning!
Managed to catch Kian in the Kitchen with the sun shining through the blinds creating the shadow lines.
Kian with milk all over his mouth!
Kian in a moment of day dreaming, he looks so grown up!
I couldn't resist this shot of him standing by the windows. You can see how badly he wants to get back out there, it was just too hot, +45C!
His little toes and fingers
It is now exactly 10 days until we fly home for the holidays!!! YAY!!! Can't wait! The kids are going to love being able to be outside playing all day!
PS! Got some very exciting news but can't share anything until Wednesday...
Have a great day!

9 comments:

Therese said...

UNDERBARA fotografier Maria - älskar det med vingarna!!!!! Det ser ut som att du inte behöver några goda råd - de ser helt perfekta ut!!!!

Annika said...

Håller med Therese helt och hållet! Helt underbara foton, kan inte ens säga vilket som är min favorit, älskar alla!! Gorgeous gorgeous photos, just...sigh...amazing!!

todido said...

omg how gorgeous pics Maria!!!!!!!! wow!!!!

Anonymous said...

What absolutely stunning photos Maria, you have to be so proud of each and everyone of them as they are perfect. Check out Pink Ink Studios, they have a free Digi Photography 101 course amongst there forum :)

Can't wait to hear your news :)

Helen said...

Okay now I am trying to work you out Maria!!!!!!!! I think you are a big trickster, cause there is no way I believe you and how you want to improve your photo taking. Sheesh girl! Look at these shots. I think it is "I" who wants to grow up and be "YOU" when I get younger - bwahahahaha!

Leah said...

*gasp* these are stunning photos Maria!!!!

Angela Maggard said...

WOW!! These are some of your first pictures?!!!!! You should see some of my first pictures with my new camera!! Yuck!! They were totally aweful!! I can't wait to see more!!! :)

Shay said...

Your photos are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures ... and gorgeous subjects! You can take beautiful atmospheric shots like yours without moving out of Auto but if you want to the other settings, you will need to get your tripod out (most of the time) which can be a real pain when shooting children (not literally, of course!) hahahaha