Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm loosing it!

Today has just been one of "those" days.
Really started yesterday with me having to go and see the doctor and get some medicine for an eye/ear/throat infection.
I felt pretty sorry for my self and went to bed after taking my medication hoping I would feel better in the morning. Well, that didn't really happen. I woke with a pounding ear, no voice and a closed left eye! So much for a quick recovery!
Anyway, got the family ready, had breakfast together and drove DD to her nursery, still feeling pretty sorry for my self. I had brought my computer so after dropping her off, I could go to a coffee shop, sit down, have a cup and go through the galleries...well, when I've got my coffee, sat down, switched on the computer, logged on to the Internet - the main Internet, the only Internet, provider here in Oman has decided that the scrapping sites I normally visit are "inappropriate material" and they've blocked them!!!! Now, I'm not in the mood for jokes and sent them a LONG email complaining and explaining.
I still can't get to the sites at this very moment!

After a disastrous morning, I picked DD up from nursery. Went home, had an afternoon with the children, watching Barbie movies, Barney and played with Lego until the weather had cooled down enough for us to get out and play. Sean, DH, arrived home at 5.30pm and I started to tidy the house before dinner time...this is where it gets scary!
As I'm tidying, I came across some dirty clothes and went to the bathroom to put them in the laundry basket... I open the lid and throw them in... to the TOILET!!!!! Honestly, what was I thinking! Obviously not at all and my first reaction is "strange, why is there all this water?" and then I snapped out of it and quickly removed the clothes from the bowl and swore never to tell anyone... well, that didn't work either now did it!?
Started dinner and spilled a whole cup of boiling water all over my left hand!!!

So, I'm sitting here with a burned hand, laundry down the toilet, pounding ear, sore eye and no voice!?
I've had better days!

On a happier note, I managed to do the first plaits on DD! Very cute! She was very proud and kept saying she was Rapunzel.... Don't think anyone would manage to climb these plaits though... LOL!
Whilst outside playing this evening Sean tried to make her say "What's up douwg - Freya's in the house" (obviously watching too much American Idol) and she did the hand gesture and all but very politely told him that Freya was not "in the house" she's outside!!! Later when we're in the kitchen and Sean asks her what she's doing, she does the hand gesture and says Freya's in the house - and busy!!!...as she continues to empty one of the kitchen cabinets... LOL!


In the end of the day it's the little things in life that makes it all worth it even if it sometimes feels like I'm loosing it.
Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Annika said...

*ROFLMAO* poor poor you!! I feel soo sorry for you but you sure made me laugh!! Just hope your day gets better tomorrow!! And for Freya...she is hilarious!!! Stackars stackars dig!!! Krya på dig! Stora kramar från Sis!!!

Unknown said...

I see that like me you're sick today!
There will be better days ...
Thank you very much for translator ;-))

Therese said...

Hang in there, girl - tomorrow WILL be better :)

.... det är nästan som en komedi... det där med tvätten..... LOL !!!!

Helen said...

oh no! what a blog post. I should not laugh but I did. LOVE the photo and hair....our girls sure love their hair done. So another Barbie Princess....first Annika and now your very own little Rapunzel! Still no Maria :(

Angela Maggard said...

Oh, that day does sound terrible! It is really funny about the clothes in the toilet though!! That's terrible that you can't get in the scrapping sites! I hope that you can get that resolved! And, you dd is so cute and funny!! :)

margote05 said...

And the good, which day!!! But you made well to me laughter I have to admit it!!! I hope that you go meiux today!