Monday, April 27, 2009

Cheeky boys and funny girls!

One of my favorite times of the day is the mornings, the kids comes into our bed and we have our "coffee" in bed, me and Sean have the coffee and the children a bottle of milk each. We sit there tucked up together against the headboard and Freya sometimes plays this game, asking me if different body parts are OK, like "Mamma, tummy OK?, Foot OK? etc etc and if I say "Oh no, mamma's finger ajaj..."she'll then replay "Oh poor mamma, Freya bow" (= blow) today she added a new body part, pulled out my T-shirt looked down it and said "Mamma's boop ok?" turns around to Sean, looks at his chest and says "Daddy got boops too (puts her thumb and index finger together) and says - tiiiiiny one" *LOL* - she is 2...where do they get it from!?

At the moment she's coming up with new words and phrases by the minute and she's so funny to listen to. Whilst I was doing dinner last night she came up to me and asked what I was doing. I replayed I'm making soup for dinner, she went quiet for a few seconds then said "mamma soupa fast" *LOL* She doesn't know what soup is but she knows "super" !

Kian is trying so hard to talk and we can't understand a single word but the face tells it all and he's totally figured out what gets his sister going. Yesterday I saw him watching Freya as she was sitting in the sofa with her blankey in her lap. He very slowly moved towards her, moving backwards the last few cm until he stood beside her leaning against the sofa. He looked at her face then snatched her blankey and RAN!!!! Laughing!!!! The guy is 14 months and soooo cheeky! Obviously Freya went after him screaming and he just kept smiling - I was trying soooo hard not to laugh having seen it all and how he "planned" it. Can only imagine how it will be in a years time or even a couple of months from now...

The cause - Mr Cheeky
The result - Mrs Grumpy

Thanks everyone for your comments on my "Old me" post - it feels better knowing it's not JUST me! I have a "plan" and I'll get back to you on that one when I got it all in place! ;-)

Have a nice day!

4 comments:

Annika said...

OMG...they are hilarious!! And I can totally see that little scen right in front of me, when Kian snatches the blankie!! Cheeky one!!!

Anonymous said...

OM Gosh I am laughing so hard, you are a fabulous story teller and I so have stories like these from when my kids were small! Your kids are super cute!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! she is sooo unbelivably cuuuute!!!!hahaha, love that he totally planned that out!

I think your mornings are wonderful! love that you can sit back and enjoy them!
and I can't wait to hear your plan!

Leah said...

Great photos!!! I love that you guys hang out in the morning before getting up. That must be the best time!!!!